Lunch Box Practical Ideas
- Include a frozen bottle of water during summer. It will still be cold at lunchtime and keep the food cool too.
- During hot weather, avoid milk, yoghurt, fish or meat in lunches, unless they are packed in a good-quality cooler with an ice pack/frozen water bottle (to prevent food poisoning).
- Wash and dry salad vegetables thoroughly to avoid ‘soggy sandwiches’.
- For busy families, prepare lunchboxes and sandwiches the night before and store them in the fridge to ensure your child always has a healthy lunch with them.
- Wash, rinse and thoroughly dry lunchboxes after every use to keep them safe and clean.